Saturday, January 24, 2009

Parenthood #1


Caleb is growing like crazy. And pooping like nobody's business. He's now almost 2 weeks old, and two days ago was 1/2 pound heavier than birth weight! (That's pretty good... normally babies lose up to 10% of their birth weight in the first week, and regain it by 2 weeks if breastfed, or 10 days if formula fed... Caleb's definitely above average!)

What a mystery to behold! A tiny human that is half me and half my wife, and all child of God. What a responsibility, what an adventure! I'm sure I'm about to be schooled in parenting in the days and weeks to come!

I've now delivered 8 babies in the past 2 weeks at work (obstetrics rotation). My total count is now 33 babies in the past 2 years. I can say with 100% certainty that my boy is the cutest, and my wife is a champion! She handled labor and pushed that boy out better than any other I've seen.

No comments: